22 East Broad Street, Suite 128
Newnan, GA 30263
PHONE: (770) 254-2615
FAX: (770) 683-2800
ADVANCE VOTING SITES
Advance Voting Sites (click site below for Bing Map)
Sample Ballots (from Georgia Secretary of State My Voter Page)
What Do I Need To Do If I Want To Vote?
Registering to vote in Georgia is a simple process. There are five (5) requirements:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of the county
- Be at least 17 1/2- years of age to register and 18 to vote
- NOT be serving a sentence for a conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have NOT been found mentally incompetent by a judge
If you meet these five requirements, you can register to vote at any of the following locations:
- PUBLIC LIBRARY
- GOVERNMENT REVENUE OFFICES
- DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY
- COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY
- RECRUITMENT OFFICE of the US Armed Forces
- IN PERSON at the Voter Registration office (address above)
- BY MAIL by picking up an application at any Coweta County Fire Station, downloading from the Georgia Secretary of State's office OR call the registrar's office to have an application mailed to you.
Attention: First Time Georgia Voters
If you registered in Georgia for the first time by US mail, you will be required to meet the following identification requirement before being allowed to cast your vote. Persons are required to provide identification either: (1) at the time they mail in their registration application, (2) when they vote absentee or (3) when they vote at the precinct. If a person has previously registered in any county in the state, the person is not considered to be a first-time registrant. At this time, the identification items that will be accepted for these first-time registrants by mail are:
- A valid GEORGIA driver's license;
- A valid identification card issued any state, or the United States with a photo
- A valid UNITED STATES passport;
- A valid Government employee photo ID
- A valid UNITED STATES military identification card with photo;
- A valid tribal ID card with photo
- A current utility bill
- A current bank statement
- Government check or paycheck
- Valid Government document with name and address
At this time you have the option of mailing a copy of any of the above identification to this office. If this is not done, be prepared to show one of the acceptable forms of identification when you go to the poll on election day to cast your vote. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO CAST YOUR VOTE WITHOUT ONE OF THESE DOCUMENTS. You will not be allowed to sign an oath swearing or affirming that you are the person identified on the elector's voter certificate.
When Can I Register To Vote Or Change My Address?
You may register to vote or change your address any time. However, if you are not registered to vote, you must register at least 30 days before an election to vote in that election. If you move, you must notify the Registrar's Office of your change of address. You can download a registration/change of address form here.
Updating Your Registration
You must update your registration if you have moved or have changed your name.
A precinct card will be mailed to you in approximately 30 days of receipt of the registration application.
Identification Required To Vote
You must present proper identification at any polling place prior to voting. You may use any one of the following:
- A valid Georgia driver's license;
- A valid identification card by any state or U.S. with photo
- A valid United States passport;
- A valid Government employee photo identification card;
- A valid United States military identification card with photo;
- A valid tribal ID card with photo
If you are unable to produce any of the items of identification listed, you may sign a statement under oath swearing or affirming that you are the person identified on the elector's voter certificate. Falsely swearing or affirming such statement under oath shall be punishable as a felony.