The Zoning Division is a division of the Coweta County Planning Department. The areas of responsibility in this division are:
- Interact with citizens, businesses, developers to assist with the understanding and implementing of the Coweta County Zoning & Development Ordinance.
- Review various applications, site plans, etc. for compliance with Coweta County Ordinances.
- Coordinate the review of all rezoning, conditional use permits, variances, and administrative height variances by appropriate departments and other related agencies.
- Inspect the applicable sites to ensure complete review of applications.
- Prepare various reports, packages, and presentations for Board of Zoning Appeals, Board of Commissioners, and public review.
- Communicate the appropriate process and review with all interested parties.
- Acknowledge decision of appropriate Boards and ensure records reflect accordingly.
Documents for Rezoning, Special Use Permit, Variance, and Conditional Use Permit
**A PRE-SUBMITTAL MEETING SHALL BE SCHEDULED NO LATER THAN ONE (1) WEEK PRIOR TO THE APPLICATION DEADLINE. CONTACT ZONING STAFF FOR APPOINTMENT**
Rezoning and Special Use Permit -
- Applications - General Rezoning, Special Use Permit - Telecommunication Towers, Special Use Permit - Decentralized Wastewater Facility, Special Use Permit - Airports, Mineral Extraction & Racetracks, and Special Events, Festivals, and Tourism Activities (All Special Events, Festivals, and Tourism applications must schedule a pre-application meeting with the Zoning Administrator to discuss the application process.)
- Disclosure Form (To be completed by the applicant, all property owners, and applicant representative, if applicable) - Disclosure Form
- Fee Schedule (cash, check, credit cards, (checks made out to Coweta County Planning Department) - Rezoning Fees, Special Use Permit Fees
- Deadline Schedule - 2019 REZONING - 2020 REZONING
- Conceptual Site Plan Requirements - Article 29. Amendments and Conceptual
Variance and Conditional Use Permit -
- Applications - Variance, Conditional Use Permit
- Deadline Schedule - 2019 BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS (BOZA) - 2020 BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS (BOZA)
- Fee Schedule (cash or check only, checks made out to Coweta County Planning Department)- Board of Zoning Appeals Fees