Questions? Call: 770-254-3785
LOCATION/ HOURS OF OPERATION
As a convenience to our residents, Coweta County operates a Transfer Station at 164 Essie Mae Walker Road, which is off Ishman Ballard Road between Smokey Road and Franklin Highway (Hwy. 34 West).
Hours: M-F - 9:00 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Saturday - 8:00 a.m. - 2:45 p.m.
All Transactions Must Be Completed by Posted Closing Time. Please allow yourself ample time to complete your visit by closing time
The charge for bringing solid waste (except tires) to the transfer station is $38.00 per ton, which equates to $1.90 per one hundred pounds. There is a $15 minimum charge up to 789Lbs. for solid waste items brought to the transfer station. Items include, but are not limited to, household furniture, mattresses, grills, boats, etc. All mixed loads will be charged at the transfer station rate.
Tires brought to the transfer station must be separated from garbage and must be separated from rims for disposal. Charges are as follows:
• Small Tires, Autos, Pick Up Trucks -- $ 3.00 each
• Truck Tires -- $ 5.50 each
• Earth Moving, Large Equipment -- $10.00 each
ACCEPTANCE OF RECYCLABLES
Recyclable items will be accepted free of charge from entities that use the transfer station for waste disposal according to the following:
- Recyclable items must be delivered separately from waste.
- Any entity that deposits recyclables at the transfer station contaminated with waste will be subject to a $100.00 charge.
YARD TRIMMINGS, LIMBS AND UNTREATED LUMBER
Yard trimmings, limbs and untreated lumber,will be accepted for the established tipping fee provided that they are separated from other types of waste.
Any entity that deposits yard trimmings, limbs and untreated lumber combined with waste will be subject to a $100.00 charge.
The following items will not be accepted for disposal at the transfer station:
- All types of cooling units and freon tanks, including but not limited to refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners still containing freon. Refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioners are accepted if freon is REMOVED.
- Any items specifically, prohibited from disposal at solid waste disposal facilities as provided for in the Rules of Georgia Department of Natural Resources, Environmental Protection Division, Chapter 391- 3- 4, Solid Waste Management, including but not limited to, hazardous waste such as asbestos and liquid waste such as paint or antifreeze. Paint cans accepted if paint is made solid with cat litter or sand.
- Tires that remain on rims for disposal. (See above).
- The transfer station does not accept household waste from individuals that may be placed in Coweta County garbage bags. This waste should be taken to one of the county compactor/recycling sites only. Items that will not fit into a county garbage bag may be taken to the transfer station.
- Any waste from outside Coweta County.
Dead animals will be accepted in accordance with the Coweta County Policy on the Acceptance of Animals at the Transfer Station. The cost of disposal is $10.00 per animal.
UNLOADING OF WASTE
It is the responsibility of any individual or firm to unload waste delivered to the transfer station. Transfer station workers are not allowed to unload waste for anyone.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
The Transfer Station accepts cash and credit/debit cards.