22 East Broad Street, Suite 222
Newnan, GA 30263
PHONE: (770) 254-2626
Open: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
New Applications accepted: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Due to the current COVID-19 emergency situation and its effects on the local business community, the Coweta County Board of Commissioners met via teleconference Friday, March 20, 2020 and voted unanimously to extend the Registration and Occupation Tax Deadline in Chapter 18 Businesses, Article II of the Code of Ordinances. The ordinance sets the deadline for April 15th. The Board ‘s vote extends that deadline until September 15, 2020.
Sec. 18-33. - Occupation tax required for business dealings in the county.
Every year, each person engaged in any business, trade, profession, or occupation in Coweta County, Georgia, whether with a location in unincorporated Coweta County or, in the case of an out-of-state business with no location in Georgia, exerting substantial efforts within the state pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 48-13-7, shall pay an occupation tax for said business, trade, profession, or occupation; which tax and any applicable registration shall be displayed in a conspicuous place in the place of business. If the taxpayer has no permanent business location in the county, such business tax registration shall be shown to the business tax director or this department or to any county enforcement officer upon request.
- 2020 Renewal Letter
- 2020 Extension Letter
- S.A.V.E. Affidavit
- E-Verify Affidavit
- What Your Business Needs To Know about E-Verify
- Ordinances: https://library.municode.com/ga/coweta_county/codes/code_of_ordinances
Hotel/Motel Excise Tax Forms
- Alcohol License Application (please call to make appointment)
- Alcohol License Representative Change (please call to make appointment)
- Off Premise Alcohol Event Application and Permit
- Quarterly Food Sales Report
Regulatory Permits are issued for Carnivals, Taxicab/Limousine Operators, Tattoo Artists, Stables, Shooting Galleries, Scrap Metal Processors, Pawnbrokers, Food Service Establishments, Precious Metals Dealers, Peddlers, Parking Lots, Nursing, Personal Care Homes, Newspaper Vending Boxes, Modeling Agencies, Massage Parlors, Auto/Motorcycle Racing, Boarding Houses, Businesses which provide appearance bonds, Boxing/Wrestler Promoters, Hotels/Motels, Hypnotists, Handwriting Analysts, Health Clubs/Gyms/Spas, Fortunetellers, Escort services, Burglar/Fire Alarm Installers and Locksmiths.
- Completed applications for new businesses must be submitted to the Business License Division.
- A valid driver’s license with current home address is required for home occupations.
- A Federal ID number and or a Georgia Sales Tax number is required.
- New applications are not accepted by e-mail, online, or by postal service.
- If a state license is required for your business, you must provide a copy with your application.
- Certain other information may be required depending on the type of business you are operating.
- A short questionnaire must be completed at the time you make your application.
- Processing time varies, but usually takes less than two weeks.
- All licenses expire December 31st. Renewals are accepted between January 1st and April 15th in order to avoid penalties and interest.
- If you close your business, please contact the Business License Division at 770-254-2626.