Coweta County E-911
195 International Park
Newnan, GA 30265
NON-EMERGENCY: (770) 254-3911
OPEN RECORDS REQUESTS: firstname.lastname@example.org
The E-911 Center is the centralized public safety answering point for all 9-1-1 calls within Coweta County.
Every aspect of the E-911 Center performs specialized, integral functions while in support of Coweta County’s Public Safety System 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
IF YOU FIND YOURSELF IN A SITUATION WHERE YOU CANNOT CALL THEN TEXT 9-1-1
• Customers should use the texting option only when calling 911 is not an option.
• Providing location information and nature of the emergency in the first text message is imperative, since, initially, the operator will only receive the location of the cell phone tower closest to the call’s origin.
• Text abbreviations, emoticons or slang should never be used so that the intent of the dialogue can be as clear as possible.
• Customers must be in range of cell towers in Coweta County. If customers are outside or near the edge of the county, the message may not reach the Coweta County Call Center.
• Texts to 911 from areas where the service is not available will receive a “bounce back” message telling them to make a voice call.
• Texts sent to 911 have the same 160-character limit as other text messages.
• Wireless customers who use Usage Controls should remove this feature to ensure full text-to-911 capabilities.
• Wireless customers must have mobile phones that are capable of sending text messages.
• The texting function should only be used for emergency situations that require an immediate response from police, fire or emergency medical services.
• Text-to-911 should only be used to communicate between emergency help and the texter. No pictures, video, other attachments, or other recipients can be appended to the message.