PARKS & REC OPERATIONAL UPDATE
PARKS & RECREATION UPDATE
From Jim Gay, Director
Coweta County Parks & Recreation
Spring Program and Activity update:
With the safety and health of our community a priority. All 2020 Spring Parks & Recreation programs and activities have been cancelled. This includes any program, or class organized by the CCPRD as well as any league or activity operating within the Coweta County Park System. Coweta County will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates accordingly.
Each individual league will be reaching out to their participants, and Parks and Recreation staff will provide updates via CivicRec to anyone registered for a CCPRD program, please check your account for more information.
Park and facility status:
At present this status remains unchanged, we will be working to reopen facilities In the near future and will update as new information and dates becomes available
All indoor facilities, athletic fields and playgrounds/picnic areas are closed.
Walking trails are open for use however we ask that all users adhere to the guidelines below:
• Refrain from using trails and open space if you are exhibiting symptoms.
• Follow CDC’s guidance on personal hygiene prior to and during use of parks or trails.
• Prepare for no access to public restrooms or water fountains.
• While on trails, warn other users of your presence and as they pass, and step aside to let others pass.
• Follow CDC guidance on the recommended size of social gatherings while utilizing trails and green spaces.
Be Safe & Keep In touch:
We encourage everyone to visit our webpage www.cowetaparksandrec.com and scroll down to our program registration link to create an account that will keep you up to date regarding any information related to Parks & Recreation in our community, including facility status, summer program updates, and other opportunities.