Be Prepared for When
You Need EMS
Help EMS Help You
- Display your address on your refrigerator or near a telephone in case someone else needs to call 9-1-1 for you.
- Display your house number prominently on your home and/or curb.
- The questions asked by 9-1-1 call takers, paramedics and EMTs are important and designed to help you. Answer all questions honestly.
- Know your hospital preference and primary care physician
Know Where These Items Are Located
- Health insurance information
- A list or location of current medications
- Emergency contact information
- Advanced directives - do not resuscitate (DNR), durable power of attorney for health care decisions (DPOA-HCD), and living will