Coweta County wants you to be able to get the information you want as easily as possible.
Prior to making an request for open records, citizens and entities should familiarize themselves with the Georgia Open Records Act, specifically section 50-18-72 which specifies what types of public disclosure are not required and section 50-18-71 which details the costs expected to be recovered by the county for Open Record requests for searching, retrieval, redaction and copies of documents. Below are links to information concerning the Open Records Law and making Open Record requests in Coweta County.
- Open Records Officer Resolution (Board of Commissioners Resolution Designating OR Officers)
- Open Records Officers and Other Records Custodians (Who to contact for OR requests)
- Open Records Request Form (Printable Request Form)
- State of Georgia Open Records Act (O.C.G.A. § 50-18-70)
- ACCG Open Records Act Guide (Association County Commissioners of Georgia guide for understanding Georgia’s Open Meetings and Open Records Laws)