22 East Broad Street
Newnan, Georgia 30263
Open: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
New Applications accepted: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Anyone doing any type of business in unincorporated Coweta County is required to have a Business License Certificate. Business license Certificates can only be obtained through the Business Tax Department. No other entity or business is authorized to issue Coweta County business license Certificates.
Professional and Regulatory categories:
Alcohol Licenses are issued for Retail Beer, Retail Wine, Retail Beer and Wine, Consumption Beer, Consumption Wine, Consumption Beer and Wine and Wholesale Beer and Wine.
Regulatory Permit Appications are issued for Carnivals, Taxicab/Limosine Operators, Tatoo Artists, Stables, Shooting Gallerys, Scrap metal Processors, Pawnbrokers, Food Service Establishments, Precious Metals Dealers, Peddlers, Parking Lots, Nursing, Personal Care Homes, Newspaper Vending boxes, Modeling Agencies, Massage Parlors, Auto/Motorcycle Racing, Boarding houses, Businesses which provide appearance bonds, Boxing/Wrestler Promoters, Hotels/Motels, Hypnotists, Handwriting Analysts, Health Clubs/Gyms/Spas, Fortunetellers, Escort services, Burglar/Fire Alarm Installers and Locksmiths.
- Completed applications for new businesses must be brought to the Business Tax Department.
- A valid driver’s license with current home address is required.
- A Federal ID number or a Georgia Sales Tax number is required. For a FEIN, call 1-800-829-4933 or go online to www.irs.gov. For a GA sales tax number, call 404-417-4490.
- New applications are not accepted by e-mail, online, or by postal service.
- If a state license is required for your business, you must provide a copy with your application.
- Certain other information may be required depending on the type of business you are operating.
- A short questionnaire must be completed at the time you make your application.
- Processing time varies, but usually takes less than two weeks.
- All licenses expire December 31st. Renewals are accepted between January 1 and April 15 in order to avoid penalties and interest.
- If you close your business, please contact the Business Tax Department at 770-254-2626.