LEVEL II DROUGHT
COWETA UNDER LEVEL II DROUGHT RESPONSE
Please read carefully as information differs that what was discussed last week.
Georgia’s Environmental Protection Division recently declared a Level 2 drought response for Metro Atlanta as severe drought conditions have extended into the fall. Between March and October, about 20 inches of rain fell in Atlanta, nearly 13 inches below average.
Experts predict dry, warm weather is likely to persist through the winter. This might be the beginning of a multiyear drought and we should conserve our water resources accordingly.
OUTDOOR WATERING RESTRICTIONS FOR LAWNS,GARDENS AND TREES
· Only as needed, up to Twice a week (even addresses and sites with no numbered address on Wednesday or Saturday and odd addresses on Thursday or Sunday)
· Only during the hours of 4pm and 10am.
WHAT IS NOT ALLOWED
· Washing streets, gutters, sidewalks and driveways
· Ornamental uses, such as fountains and waterfalls
· Washing vehicles (cars, boats, etc.) at home
· Non-commercial washing or pressure washing
· Charity, or non-commercial fund-raiser, car washes
WHAT IS ALLOWED (not subject to the 4pm to 10am or twice a week restrictions)
· Irrigation of personal food gardens
· Irrigation of new and replanted seed, turf or plants for a period of 30 days following installation
· Watering with drip irrigation or soaker hose
· Hand watering, including hoses with shut-off nozzle
· Use of water withdrawn from private water wells
DOWNLOAD: Residential Fact Sheet (pdf)