County Government Month
April is National County Government Month and this year the focus is on “Safe & Secure Counties”.
Starting April 4th, Coweta County will be observing County Government Month with four week-long focus areas representing safety and security for our citizens.
April 4-8 will be EMA week.
We will highlight the various aspects of EMA in Coweta.
At 8pm, Monday, April 4th on 92.5FM, EMA Director Jay Jones will take 15 minutes to discuss the County Outdoor Warning Siren System and other matters that affect Safety and Security.
A Disaster Preparedness Seminar will be held Thursday, April 7th in the Commission Meeting Room at 37 Perry Street beginning at 6pm. It is free and open to the public.
April 11-15 will be E-911 week.
We will be highlighting what they do as well as promoting their summer fan program and featuring various workers as this coincides with Telecommunicators Week.
April 18-22 will focus on the Sheriff’s Office.
This is the week of Mantracker which will be featured as will info on the various programs and citizen involvement.
April 25-29 will focus on Fire/EMS.
Along with information, there will be an Open House at one fire station aligned with each Commission District each night from 5 to 7pm. There will be a different focus at each Open house. Here is the line-up:
- Monday: FS6 – Fire Safety Education (Portable Fire Safety House Demonstration)
- Tuesday: FS8 – Rescue Demonstration
- Wednesday: FS12 – Hazardous Materials Response Demonstration – Decon Drill
- Thursday: FS1 – Emergency Medical
- Friday: FS 7 – Firefighting Tools and Equipment Demonstration
We will also provide information sheets, conduct blood pressure and Blood Glucose checks each night and offer citizens a chance to sign up for smoke detector installation.
Plus, each Monday evening ( the 4th, the11th, the 18th and the 25th) live at 8pm, a representative of that week’s focus will be at 92.5 The Bear in Senoia to take part in a 15 minute focus program.
- Jay Jones will talk EMA on April 4th. He will discuss the outdoor siren warning system and other matters relating to safety and security.
- Arlene Whisenhunt will talk E-911, telecommunictors week and programs offered to assist citizens on the 11th.
- Sheriff Mike Yeager is scheduled to discuss the sheriff’s office, including mantracker and public programs on the 18th.
- Bobby Flanagan will be our Fire/EMS rep on the 25th and talk on events planned for the following week of County Government Week and the anniversary of EMS being operated by the Fire Department and other matters.